How Do I Renew My License?
Renewing your license in Georgia can be done online, in person at a center, by mail or by downloading the DDS 2 GO Mobile App.
Your license can be renewed up to 150 days before the expiration date of your license.
The renewed permanent driver's license or ID card will be delivered to the Post Office within 30 days after the transaction is completed. However, if a renewal includes an address change it generally takes 14-21 days to process in order to validate new addresses for security purposes.
Customers who are renewing or applying for the first time, must visit a DDS Customer Service Center in person and present the documents proving identity, social security number, and residential address. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
Your renewed license will be valid up to 8 years.
Renewing Your Driver's License - Online Services or Mobile App
A customer account must be established to use Online Services and the DDS 2 GO Mobile App. This account can be used for renewing your license, check your license status, and performing other services instead of visiting a Customer Service Center.
Requirements to Renew Online or to Renew using the DDS 2 GO App:
- Your current License, ID, or Permit must be a Secure ID/Real ID document. (Have a gold or black star printed in the upper right corner.) Please refer to the Secure ID page for more information.
- Applicant must hold only a regular non-commercial driver's license, permit or id that is current and not expired for more than 2 years.
- You cannot renew online if your driver's license is suspended, canceled or revoked, you will only be able to renew an ID card or Limited Permit
- You must be a US Citizen.
- You must be 64 years old or younger. Customers age 64 and older are required to take an in-person vision screening each time they renew.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover Card) is needed to process an online payment.
** Name changes cannot be processed online; legal documentation of the name change must be presented at a Customer Service Center.
Renewing Your Driver's License - In Person
Persons applying for a Renewal will be issued an interim driver's license while a permanent driver's license is being processed. To ensure receipt of the permanent driver's license, the customer's current address must be on file with the Department of Driver Services (DDS).
- All applicants visiting a customer service center must fill out the required application/form. Once submitted valid for 30 days.
- Take a new photo.
- Applicants who are 64 or older must pass a vision exam.
Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information. Note: Documents provided to prove identity must be original or certified copies. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- If your Georgia driver's license is expired for two years or more, you will be required to take and pass the following test in order to obtain a Driver's License:
- Road Signs, Road Rules, Road Skills Test and Vision Exam
- For more information on exams see Test and Exams Information
2. Additional testing will be required to obtain a Class M, E or F License.
- DDS Customer Service Centers accept Cash and Credit/Debit Cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We do not accept checks, money orders, or cashier checks. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Renewing your Driver's License - By Mail
The Georgia Department of Driver Services offers renewal by mail options under limited circumstances for U.S. citizen customers who are unable to renew their license in person.
The following customers may utilize this option:
- Customers stationed out of state in the military, and their dependents stationed with them
- Customers attending school out of the State of Georgia, and their dependents who are with them
- Customers temporarily working out of state, and their dependents who are with them
- Customers who are physically incapacitated and unable to visit a DDS Customer Service Center
Complete your. Please follow the instructions to complete the forms and submit them to DDS for processing.
Please note: Processing of applications usually takes about thirty (30) days once we receive your complete application package. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend that you submit your completed package to DDS at least sixty (60) days prior to the expiration of your license.