DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUG USE RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM
A DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program provides a standard screening assessment to determine the extent of an individual’s alcohol and drug use and a DDS-approved course of therapeutic education about alcohol and drug use and driving.
WHO CAN BECOME A DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUG USE RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM OWNER
Any person, partnership, limited liability corporation, or corporation giving driver safety instruction to assist drivers with satisfying requirements related to maintaining or regaining a driver’s license or driving privileges in this state.
If you are interested in opening or operating a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program, you will be subjected to the following rules and regulations:
DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUG USE RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM OWNER REQUIREMENTS
- Completed New Program Application.
- All applicants, including owners, partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders, are required to complete the GAPS fingerprinting requirement for a national and state fingerprint based criminal background check.
- All applicants including owners, partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders must obtain and submit a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from each state in which they were licensed in the past 5 years except Georgia.
- Surety Bond with a principal sum of $10,000 for each location and Georgia Department of Driver Services as the obligee.
- Fire Code Inspection Report completed by the local fire marshal or agent (report cannot be over 90 days old).
- Copy of Unexpired Business License.
- Certificate of Incorporation from the Secretary of State or a Trade Name form from local County Clerk showing registration of Doing Business as Name (DBA).
HOW TO APPLY
- Register for your criminal background check through the
- Please submit your packet by mail, along with fees and all supporting documents to the following:
Georgia Department of Driver Services
Attn: Regulatory Compliance
2206 East View Parkway
Conyers, GA 30013
Please complete the application packet in its entirety to enable us to complete the process in a timely manner. It is advisable when mailing to use certified or mailing that can be tracked. Our goal is to complete processing of your application within 30 business days. Once the application and supporting documentation are received, we will contact you within 7-10 business days.