The Georgia Applicant Processing System (GAPS) fingerprinting process must be completed by all regulated program applicants to satisfy the statutorily required national and state criminal history check. Fingerprint results obtained from any source other than the approved GAPS process will not be accepted. When submitting a certification application to Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS), please follow the fingerprinting instructions outlined below.
Step 1: Create a Scheduling Site Account
- Go to this website: https://www.fieldprintgeorgia.com.
- Click “Schedule Appointment.”
- On the next screen, click “Sign Up” and follow the prompts to create an account.
- After creating and verifying your account, log in using your new username and password.
Step 2: Register for Fingerprinting
- Upon logging in, click the “Department of Driver Services” box under Don’t have a Fieldprint Code on the New Applicant Registration screen. A Fieldprint Code is not required and will not be provided by DDS.
- Select the appropriate application type under Reason for Fingerprinting and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Follow the prompts to complete all the required fields on the Personal Information and Demographics screens.
- After agreeing to the Biometric Disclosure and GA Privacy Act statements, click “Submit Request” to send your registration to DDS for review and approval.
Step 3: Agency Decline or Approval
- Submit your certification application (i.e., For-Hire Endorsement, Driver Training Instructor, Risk Reduction Program, Driver Improvement Clinic, etc.) to DDS.
- When your certification application is received by DDS, you will receive an email from Fieldprint stating “your registration has been approved.”
Step 4: Schedule Fingerprint Appointment
- Upon receipt of the registration approval email, return to this website: https://www.fieldprintgeorgia.com.
- Click I have been approved by my agency or have already scheduled.
- On the next screen, click “Log in” under Returning User Login; then, click “Continue Scheduling” to proceed.
- Follow the prompts to schedule and pay for your fingerprint appointment.
GAPS results, in most cases, are usually accessible to DDS within 48 hours of fingerprinting and will remain available to DDS for 30 days. Please contact Fieldprint for additional information regarding this process.