Know Before You Go - About the Road Test System
- Must have a valid email address. A confirmation email with the date/time and location will be sent to the email you provide.
- The Online System offers the earliest available dates/times. You can take the automobile skills test at any Customer Service Center that offers that service.
- Must arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled time. Please note that if you arrive late, your appointment is subject to rescheduling on a different date.
- To reschedule your test, click on the link that was given in the original email. The system does not allow more than 1 appointment at a time.
- Be sure to fill out the required Skip-a-Step Application before your appointment. Completed applications are good for 30 days.
Road Test Appointments
GA Department of Driver Services offers an online appointment system to schedule and take an automobile or motorcycle road test. CDL Drivers must visit a local center or call the DDS Contact Center to schedule a CDL Road Test.
For the safety and security of DDS Team Members and Customers, DDS is now conducting modified contactless road tests by appointment only.
- The Customer Service Center reserves the right to reschedule a road test if all items are not met or when a duplicate road test is scheduled.
- Road Test (behind-the-wheel driving test) are offered by appointment only. Walk-ins are not accepted.