IGNITION INTERLOCK PROVIDER PROGRAM
The Regulatory Compliance Division certifies and regulates Georgia Ignition Interlock Provider Centers to install, maintain, recalibrate, and uninstall the Ignition Interlock Device (IID).
An IID is a breath alcohol analyzer connected to the ignition system of a vehicle. The driver must blow into the device, and if their breath alcohol level exceeds the accepted level set on the device, the vehicle will not start. Participation in the IID Program requires a Georgia Limited Permit and is mandatory for multiple alcohol-related traffic offenses.
WHO CAN BECOME AN IGNITION INTERLOCK PROVIDER CENTER OWNER
Any person, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation providing, installing, and maintaining an ignition interlock device to assist drivers with satisfying requirements related to regaining a driver’s license or driving privileges in this state.
If you are interested in opening or operating as an Ignition Interlock Provider Center, you will be subjected to the following rules and regulations:
IGNITION INTERLOCK PROVIDER CENTER OWNER REQUIREMENTS
- Completed New Program Application.
- All applicants, including owners, partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders, must complete the GAPS fingerprinting requirement for a national and state fingerprint-based criminal background check.
- All applicants, including owners, partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders, must get and submit a Certified Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from each state in which they were licensed in the past 5 years except in Georgia.
- Surety Bond with a principal sum of $10,000 for each location and Georgia Department of Driver Services as the obligee.
- Fire Code Inspection Report completed by the local fire marshal or agent (report cannot be over 90 days old).
- Copy of unexpired business license.
- Georgia general liability insurance policy not less than $50,000.
- Non-refundable application and stamp fee of $280.
- Certificate of Incorporation from the Secretary of State or a Trade Name form from local County Clerk showing registration of Doing Business as Name (DBA).
- Copy of the agreement or contract between the manufacturer and the Ignition Interlock Device Provider Center.
- A copy of all forms, contracts, agreements, and receipts that will be given to customers.
- This includes all verbal and written training materials.
- All forms and contracts must be pre-numbered and list the provider center name, address, phone # and have a placeholder for a DDS certification #.
HOW TO APPLY
- Register for your criminal background check through the
- Please submit your packet by mail, along with fees and all supporting documents to the following:
Georgia Department of Driver Services
Attn: Regulatory Compliance
2206 East View Parkway
Conyers, GA 30013
Please complete the application packet in its entirety to enable us to complete the process in a timely manner. It is advisable when mailing to use certified or mailing that can be tracked. Our goal is to complete processing of your application within 30 business days. Once the application and supporting documentation are received, we will contact you within 7-10 business days.