Air Travel Alert

  • On October 1, 2021, anyone who boards a domestic flight or enters a federal building will need a Georgia Real ID Driver's License or Identification Card. If your license or ID is not a Real ID document, you will need to provide additional forms of identification.

  • How do you know if your Georgia License or ID is Real ID?

    • Check the upper right-hand corner for a Gold or Black Star.

  • The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) no longer accepts Temporary (Interim) Licenses and ID Cards as proof of identification for boarding flights at airports.  If you're making changes to your license and plan to fly, please plan ahead of time.  Your permanent license will be received within 30 days of receiving the Temporary (Interim) document.

For more information on travel requirements, please refer to the TSA website.