How Do I Get a License in Georgia?
A Class C Driver's License is issued to Drivers 18 years of age and older.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- You must surrender any out-of-state driver's license, permit, or ID Card.
- If you were issued a driver's license/permit/ID card in another state, and that card has been lost or stolen, you must provide a certified copy of your driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
- All Applicants visiting a customer service center must fill out an application/form. Please SKIP A STEP and fill out the required form before you arrive. Once submitted valid for 30 days.
- You must schedule a Road Test Appointment.
- License Fee $32.00. See FEES and TERMS - for more information.
- If you are a Teen Driver holding a Class D License, you can upgrade to a Class C by using Online Services or the DDS 2 GO Mobile App without visiting a center.
- If you are under 18, please visit the Teen Driver page for information on obtaining your permit and license.
- If you transferring a license from another state or country, click here for more information.