Do you currently hold a valid GA Secure ID License/ID (star in the top right corner)?
- If you are a US Citizen, you will not need to bring your documents in again. You can use our DDS Online Services to renew and perform most license services. Please click here to see the services we offer online and if you're eligible. Otherwise, please visit the nearest Customer Service Center.
- NOTE: You are not allowed to perform a name change or gender change online. You must visit a CSC and provide proof of your name or gender change.
If your GA License is not a Secure ID License/ID or you hold an Out of State or Foreign License, you will be required to bring proof of all documents. The following are examples of acceptable documents. To print a full list CLICK HERE.
- Identity Document - An original or certified document to prove WHO YOU ARE such as an original or certified Birth Certificate, US Passport, Certificate of Naturalizaion, I-551, etc.
- Your Social Security Card (e.g. Social Security card, military discharge papers, etc.).
- Two Documents showing Georgia residency (e.g. utility bill, phone bill).
- Name Change - If your name is currently different than the "identity document" presented (such as birth certificate, passport, etc), you must provide a certified copy with seal; legal name change document (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.). NOTE: Document required even if your name is correct on current license/id.
Minor's may present passport; however, proof of guardianship requires birth certified or certified court ordered documents.
Note: Original immigration documentation must be submitted each time service is requested pertaining to a driver's license or identification card.
- Gender Change - A gender update requires applicants to submit a court order or physician's letter certifying gender change. The letter or court order shall state the person's name, date of birth, date of gender reassignment operation and other identifying information.
To assist with collecting your documents, DDS has created a Checklist Wizard that will allow you to print a custom checklist of your document or you may choose to print the full list of acceptable documents.
|FAQs for SecureID||CSC Locations Near Me|