DDS is providing limited driver services by Appointment Only. All customers must schedule an appointment when visiting a center.
Reinstatement FAQs - Failure to Appear (FTA)
1. What is an FTA Suspension?
An FTA suspension occurs when a driver fails to appear in court or fails to respond to a traffic citation.
2. How do I avoid being suspended for an FTA?
Resolve the citation with the court prior to the suspension effective date identified in the suspension notice.
3. What if my FTA is from an Out-of-State Court?
a. If the FTA is resolved prior to the suspension effective date then no fees are due to the DDS.
b. If the FTA is resolved after the suspension effective date then fees may be due to DDS.
4. How long will it take for the FTA suspension to go into effect?
The FTA suspension effective date will go into effect 28 calendar days after DDS receives notice about the failure to appear.
5. I received my release, do I have to report this to DDS?
Most Georgia courts submit FTA releases to the DDS electronically even though you are given a written court release. Verify with the court that the release has been submitted electronically to DDS. Select to verify release has been applied to your record.
6. When will my driving privileges be reinstated after I pay my fees?
Once the release is received and the fee has been paid, your driving privileges will be reinstated immediately after processing.