How Do I Replace a lost or stolen license, id or permit?
If your license, id, or permit has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you can request a replacement license online, by downloading the DDS 2 GO App, or in-person.
Your card can be replaced for $10.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your license and/or ID. If your license expires in less than 150 days, you will be required to renew your license and pay the renewal fee. Allow up to 30 days for your new or replacement license to be delivered.
Replace online or download the DDS 2 Go Mobile App
Login or Create Online AccountDDS 2 GO Mobile App
- You must hold only a regular non-commercial License, ID, or Permit.
- If your license is Suspended, Cancelled, or Revoked, you can only replace your ID card or Limited Permit.
- You must be a Georgia resident.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Your current license, ID, or permit must be a Real ID document. (Have a gold or black star printed in the upper right-hand corner.
Replace In-person at a Customer Service Center
If you choose to visit one of our Customer Service Centers you must bring:
One (1) ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A. (NO COPIES OR FAXES)
Two (2) DOCUMENTS from CATEGORY B.
Note: Your document name must match your Driver's License Name and all Documents must be in English.Required documents for replacing a licenseVisiting a CSC
Want to Change your License Number?
DDS can change a Driver's License or ID Number under the following conditions only:
- Your current Driver's License Number is your Social Security Number.
- Your current Driver's License, Permit, or ID has been stolen or you are a victim of identity theft.