If your license, id, or permit has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you can request a replacement license online, or in-person.

Your card can be replaced for $10.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your license and/or ID.  If your license expires in less than 150 days, you will be required to renew your license and pay the renewal fee.  Allow up to 30 days for your new or replacement license to be delivered.  

Replace Online

 To Qualify:

  • You must hold only a regular non-commercial License, ID, or Permit.  
  • If your license is Suspended, Cancelled, or Revoked, you can only replace your ID card or Limited Permit.  
  • You must be a Georgia resident.
  • You must be a US Citizen.  
  • Your current license, ID, or permit must be a Real ID document. (Have a gold or black star printed in the upper right-hand corner. 


Replace In-person at a Customer Service Center

If you choose to visit one of our Customer Service Centers you must bring:



Note: Your document name must match your Driver's License Name and all Documents must be in English.

  • Category A - (1 document) - must be original or certified document.
    • Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card. 
    • US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate - Original or certified copy (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia).  Note – An original or photocopy of a birth certificate or “Keepsake” birth certificate that can be verified through the GA Dept. of Public Health’s Vital Records system may be acceptable. Photocopy from any state may be accepted if currently enrolled.
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad.  Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545.
    • Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card
    • Expired Georgia interim
    • Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
    • Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD).  Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
    • Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United State.
    • Certificate of Naturalization Form N-550 or N-570.
    • Certificate of Citizenship Form N-560 or N-561.
  • Category B - (2 documents) - must be original or certified document.
    • Original or copy of Marriage License. 
    • Original or copy Social Security Card.
    • Previous Year Income Tax Return or W2.
    • Current Auto, Home, Life, or Health Insurance Card or Policy.
    • Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
    • Voter Registration Card.
    • Valid or expired Military Identification Card, Veterans Affairs Card, and/or Military Orders.
    • Valid Georgia Gun Permit.
    • I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card). 
    • Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)


Want to Change your License Number?

DDS can change a Driver's License or ID Number under the following conditions only:

  • Your current Driver's License Number is your Social Security Number.
  • Your current Driver's License, Permit, or ID has been stolen or you are a victim of identity theft.