CDL Schools Information
Commercial Vehicle (Truck) Training Schools within Georgia must be licensed and approved by DDS.
- The training schools are inspected before beginning operations.
- Regular audits are done during the year by the DDS Regulatory Compliance Division. This is to ensure compliance with the DDS rules and regulations.
- The original application must include
- the curriculum,
- along with all documents and student handouts.
- The curriculum is reviewed and approved by DDS before issuance of a Certificate of Approval. Certificates are issued for a period of four (4) years and must be renewed at the end of that time.
Training School Instructors:
- Instructors at Commercial Vehicle (Truck) Training Schools are certified and licensed by DDS.
All Instructors must pass a comprehensive written test. Once passed, an Instructor's permit can be issued.
- CDL Training Schools - list of approved commercial driving schools.
- Commercial License - Commercial License (CDL) information.
If you have additional questions, please call 678-413-8745.