CDL Road Test Appointment
Please read the requirements, before calling to schedule your road test, to make sure you are able to make this appointment. Walk-ins not accepted - you must schedule a road test appointment.
- A $50 CDL Road Test Fee is required for each testing attempt.
- To schedule your road test: Call the Department of Driver Services Contact Centerat the number listed below or visit a DDS Customer Service Center.
- All Commercial Road Tests are by appointment only. Applicants must bring both a valid driver's license and CDL permit (AP, BP) to begin a road test. The $50 road test fee must be paid when you schedule the appointment. Only Credit Cards are accepted for payment for telephone appointments. If you wish to use other forms of payment, visit any Customer Service Center to pay and schedule the appointment. You will receive a paper receipt which should be retained for further transactions.
- If you fail to show for your scheduled appointment or do not call to reschedule at least one business day before your appointment, you will lose the $50 fee. You will have to pay the $50 fee again to schedule your next test appointment.
- Out of state Commercial Driver's License transfers are not eligible for appointments. Customers must hold a valid learner's permit (AP or BP) to schedule an appointment. If this requirement is not met, the customer will not be tested.
See below for a list of Customer Service Center Locations that offer Commercial Road Test and our Contact Information to schedule your appointment: