Note: Beginning February 7, 2022, entry-level drivers will be subject to the requirements in the Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations. This includes drivers applying to:
- Obtain a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
- Upgrade an existing CDL to a higher class
- Obtain a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time
The ELDT regulations establish a Federal standard for training CDL applicants. Applicants must successfully complete this training before they will be permitted to:
- Take the CDL Skills Test or
- Take the H Endorsement Knowledge Test
Drivers will search for a training provider using the Training Provider Registry on the FMCSA website. For more information, visit FMCSA ELDT Regulations.