How the Appointment System Works
(Appointments are only required if you're taking a behind-the-wheel Automobile, CDL, or Motorcycle Road Test. Appointments are no longer required to renew, change address, or other in-person services. )
GA Department of Driver Services offers an online appointment system to schedule Road Test Appointments. This includes automobile, motorcycle, or commercial road tests. Appointments are required for Road Tests only. Appointments are no longer required to renew, change address, or other in-person services.
Don't forget to fill out the required License/ID/Permit form before you visit a center. Click the "Start Here" link below.
- We also encourage you to visit the Road Test Appointments page to get a full list of documents before your visit.
Schedule, Change, or Update Appointment
Customers are only allowed to bring (1) one person with them to the center (such as a Responsible Adult, interpreter, etc.)
- For non-commercial road tests:
Applicant must be accompanied by a licensed driver 21 years of age or older.
Only the applicant and a licensed driver 21 years of age or older can be in the car during the road test.
- No children or pets are allowed in the vehicle during the road test.
- Your non-commercial road test may be administered in a virtual or traditional format.
- Virtual Road Test
- Conducted remotely by an Examiner who administers the test via a dual-facing camera and a hands-free cellular device. A parent, guardian, or another responsible adult who is 21 years of age or older must serve as a passenger in the testing vehicle. They must have a valid driver's license.
- Traditional Road Test
- Conducted by an Examiner who administers the test while being seated in the passenger seat of the testing vehicle.
- Virtual Road Test
- The appointment number and the email used to schedule your appointment are needed to make changes or cancel your appointment. Please check your email.
- DDS does not charge for non-commercial road test reservations or appointments. Commercial road tests are paid for in advance when scheduling the appointment.
Visiting a Center?
Skip a Step!