Skip a Step! - Cloned
CDL Road Test Appointment
PLEASE READ BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR ROAD TEST!
- All Commercial Road Tests are by appointment only. Walk-ins are not accepted.
- A $50 CDL Road Test Fee is needed for each testing attempt. The $50 fee must be paid when you schedule the appointment.
- Applicants must bring both a valid driver's license and a CDL permit (AP, BP) to begin a road test.
- Customers transferring an out-of-state Commercial Driver's License must hold a valid learner's permit (AP or BP) to schedule an appointment. If this requirement is not met, the customer will not be tested.
- If you do not show for your scheduled appointment or do not reschedule at least one business day before your appointment, you will lose the $50 fee. You will have to pay the $50 fee again to schedule your next test appointment.
- Only Credit Cards are accepted for payment online. If you wish to use other forms of payment, visit any Customer Service Center to pay and schedule the appointment. You will get a paper receipt which should be held for further transactions.
- Must arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. NOTE: If you arrive late, your appointment may be subject to rescheduling on a different date.
- Bring a paper copy of the vehicle registration and current valid insurance card.
- If the vehicle is a rental car, please make sure the name of the person testing is on the rental agreement.
- If your vehicle has temporary tags or the vehicle was purchased within the past 30 days, you must provide a bill of sale.
- The vehicle must pass a safety inspection test by DDS before getting on the road.
- Customers with an active suspension will not be eligible to test until the requirements have been met.
- ALL SKILLS TEST APPOINTMENTS ON OR AFTER 4:00 ARE FOR PARTIAL TESTS ONLY. NO FULL TEST WILL BE CONDUCTED.
NOTE: Testing can be suspended due to circumstances beyond the control of you or the examiner. This includes inclement weather and/or equipment failure.
Skip a Step! - Cloned
If you have submitted your form, visit the Appointments page to schedule, change, or update your appointment.
See below for a list of Customer Service Center Locations that offer Commercial Road Test and their Contact Information.
Commercial Road Test Locations
Road Test Appointment - Related Links