DDS is providing limited driver services by Appointment Only. All customers must schedule an appointment when visiting a center.
1-1-.05 Exemptions from Medical Requirements.
The following situations or professions are exempted from having to comply with Medical Requirements.
- Transportation performed by a federal government, state, or political subdivision;
- Occasional transportation of personal property;
- Transporting a Human corpse, sick or injured person(s)’
- City, County or State School bus operations;
- Fire truck or rescue vehicle;
- Custom farm harvesting operations;
- Drivers of migrant workers;
- Private motor carrier of passengers for non-business purposes;
- 9-15 passenger van (<26,001 pounds);
- Controlled and operated by a farmer but is not a combination vehicle (no hazardous materials);
- Emergency delivery of propane;
- Beekeeper in the seasonal transportation of bees.
Authority: O.C.G.A. §40-5-156 and C.F.R. §390.3(f)
Effective Date: 2/8/2017