1. I lost my Georgia driver's license/ ID and I don't want my identity to be stolen. How can I get a new license number?
If your license, ID, or permit has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you can request a License/ID Replacement online, through the DDS 2 GO app, or in-person. View License/ID Replacement for more information.
If your license or ID was stolen, we recommend the following precautions:
- Monitor your banking and credit cards.
- Watch for any indication that anyone is using your personal information.
- Monitor your personal information by regularly requesting a credit report.
- You may also wish to place a fraud alert on your credit file. Driver's License Fraud.
2. How can I replace my lost or stolen driver's license/ ID?
You can apply for a replacement driver's license or ID at any Customer Service Center. You may be able to replace your license online by using a License/ID Replacement or through the DDS 2 GO app.
View License/ID Replacement for more information and for a list of items to bring when visiting a Customer Service Center.
3. How long does it take for the new license to arrive ?
Please allow up to 30 days for your permanent license to be delivered.
4. How do I change my class C license from under 21 format to over 21 format.
You can upgrade your license online or by downloading the DDS 2 GO Mobile App. Select a Class D to C Upgrade. You should be eligible for a $5.00 discount using online services.Login or Create Online AccountDDS 2 GO Mobile App