Motorcycle Basic Riders Course 2 License Waiver (BRC2LW)
The BRC2LW is for riders who already have basic skills and have the desire to refresh or obtain a 90-day Motorcycle License Test Waiver. The BRC2 License Waiver Course speeds/skill level for motorcycle operation is higher and a rider uses his/her own motorcycle in the course. It is an excellent refresher course for practicing and renewing basic riding skills. There is an informal classroom component that discusses safety concepts based on past riding experiences and current knowledge.
Successful graduates earn a 90-day Motorcycle License Test Waiver. The DDS waives the written and riding portions of your Motorcycle License application for 90 days from the completion date of your course. To successfully graduate, students must attend and be on time for all sessions, get 80% or better on a written evaluation, and pass an on-motorcycle skills evaluation. Also, an MSF Course Completion card may earn you an insurance discount.
The GMSP requires every student to:
- Sign and date a course waiver form
- Bring a parent or legal guardian to the first session if you are under the age of 18
- Wear a DOT approved helmet
- Wear eye protection (face shield, goggles, or glasses)
- Wear full-fingered gloves which allow good grip and control manipulation
- Wear long-sleeved shirt and/or jacket which covers the upper torso/arms
- Wear sturdy pants which cover the entire leg in the seated position
- Wear over the ankle footwear (Please no high top sneakers)
- Depending on forecasted temperatures riders are advised to bring cold-weather gear, water or other non-alcohol beverages, lunch/snacks and sunscreen
- Your Street legal motorcycle will be inspected by your Rider Coach using the . Please inspect your motorcycle prior to the class then bring the filled out form with you
- Motorcycle Registration/proof of ownership and valid insurance
Note: If using another person’s motorcycle, a notarized letter of permission is needed, with proof of insurance that covers the course participant.
- $100.00: Enrollment fee
- $150.00: Out-of-state Fee
Register online or call 678-413-8400.
Note: There is no time or mileage requirement between courses. Each course can be completed right after a previous one. Contact the GMSP for course availability.