Visiting a CSC
Transfer Out-of-State Commercial Driver's License
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a Vision Exam.
- Applicants must pass a Hazardous Material Knowledge Test to transfer the Hazmat endorsement.
- All Drivers must Certify their Driving Category.
- Applicants must provide Medical Certification if required.
- Applicants must provide Medical Waivers if required.
- Proof of identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or lawful status in the United States. Please visit Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Submit an unexpired out-of-state commercial driver's license. We'll also accept an out-of-state commercial driver's license that expired less than two years. If the out-of-state commercial driver's license has been lost or stolen:
- You must provide a certified copy of your driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card.
- The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days.
- Note: DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
For fee information, view FEES and TERMS.
Visiting a CSC
- You must apply for a Georgia driver's license within 30 days of becoming a Georgia resident.
- Applicants 18 to 21 can obtain a commercial driver's license but may only drive in Georgia. On or after the 21st birthday, the driver may have the "Georgia Only" restriction lifted at a customer service center.
- Be prepared to take a photo.
- Fill out the required application form before you arrive.
View our CDL License page for more information on Commercial Licenses.