Restricted Commercial License Class (B)

Basic Requirements

  1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
  2. Pass Vision Exam.
  3. Possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
  4. Additional Requirements for Hazmat Endorsement:
    • Pass the Hazmat Endorsement Test
    • Pass TSA Background Check

Documents Required

  • Documentation showing your identity
  • Residential address
  • Full social security number
  • U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
  1. Any out-of-state driver's license/permit/ID cards must be surrendered.
  2. If the out-of-state driver's license/permit/ID card has been lost/ stolen, the applicant must provide an out of state MVR dated within the last 30 days. Out of state MVRs obtained from websites are not accepted. Faxes must be sent directly from out of state agency to DDS.
  3. All documents must be in English.

FEES and TERMS, select for details.


  • Applicant must have a good driving record in accordance with 49 CFR 383.3(f). Drivers who have not held any motor vehicle license for at least one year will not be eligible for this waiver. Drivers with more than two years of driving experience must meet the good driving record requirements for the two most recent years.
  • Restricted CDL holders are limited to operating Group B vehicles, as described in 49 CFR 383.
  • Restricted CDL holders may not drive vehicles carrying any placarded quantities of hazardous materials except for:
    • diesel fuel in quantities of 1,000 gallons or less
    •  liquid fertilizers (i.e. plant nutrients) in vehicles or implements of husbandry with total capacities of 3,000 gallons or less
    • solid fertilizers (i.e. solid plant nutrients) that are not transported with organic substances.
  • Restricted CDL holders wishing to transport quantities of hazardous material that require placarding must obtain a Class B CDL. This requires knowledge and skills testing and have a TSA background check.
  • Restricted CDL holders may not operate a commercial motor vehicle beyond 150 miles from the place of business or the farm currently served.


  1. Bring  Download this pdf file.Application for Farm Related Services and Industries Waiver (DS-1229)  and $35 application fee to your nearest Customer Service Center.

  2. The restricted CDL holder must also possess a valid Farm Related Services Waiver card while operating a commercial motor vehicle.
  3. Operation of a non-commercial vehicle is allowed during these times even if the waiver has not been renewed.

For More Information, please visit the CDL Homepage.