Reciprocity for drivers from US Territories
Drivers who have driver's licenses from U.S. Territories are eligible to waive the knowledge(written) exam and road test if:
- The license is from one of the following territories:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- America Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
- The license is valid or, if expired, has been valid within the past two years; and
- All other identity requirements are met for issuance of ID or Driver's License issuance. Please review the requirements here: REAL ID Requirements.
Customers who do not have the physical credentials to present will be required to submit a certified driver history report from their home jurisdiction at the time of application.
- Suspensions, cancellations, or revocations for the driver in Georgia or any other jurisdictions or failure to verify identity may prevent the issuance of a driver's license or ID.
- Effective February 6, 2020, customers with valid driver’s licenses or licenses that have been expired for less than two years issued by United States Territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Island, American Samoa, Saipan, and Northern Mariana Islands) will be exempt from the knowledge exam and road skills tests.