Reinstatement FAQS - No Proof of Insurance (Multiple Convictions)
No Proof of Insurance (Multiple)
1. What are the requirements for reinstatement?
- You must have been suspended for 90 days to be eligible.
- Submit a payment by mail or in person, select for details of Reinstatement Fees and Payment Options.
- Present a Georgia Safety Responsibility Insurance Certificate (SR-22A) or a SR-22A. You may have your insurance company fax the documentation directly to DDS. Out of state SR-22 insurance policies must be presented with a receipt showing valid payment to the insurance company and proof of maintaining a policy with minimum Georgia coverage limits. You must maintain this coverage for three (3) years.
- Driver must maintain an SR-22/SR-22A "Non-Owners" Insurance Policy for 3 years from the conviction date. You will prepay in full each 6-months.
2. What kind of insurance policy is required to reinstate a second or more 'No Insurance' suspension?
An SR-22A insurance policy is required. A SR-22 insurance policy can also be accepted if it is marked "Paid In Full".
3. Can a customer who does not own a vehicle reinstate a second (or more) 'No Insurance' suspension without having to purchase an insurance policy?
No. All customers convicted of a second or more 'No Insurance' citation must purchase and maintain a SR-22A Insurance Policy. If a customer does not own a vehicle, they must purchase a SR-22A Non-Owner’s Insurance Policy, is still mandatory.
4. What happens if my SR-22A Insurance Policy is cancelled during the three years I'm required to maintain it?
Your insurance company will report your SR-22A Insurance Policy cancellation to DDS, this will result in the cancellation of your driver's license.
5. Can I get a limited permit while suspended for a second or more 'No Insurance' violation?