Reinstatement FAQs - No Proof of Insurance (First Offense)
No Proof of Insurance FAQs
1. Can I plead Nolo Contendere (No Contest) so that my license is not suspended?
The court must determine if a Nolo plea is allowed. A nolo plea will avoid the suspension for a no insurance conviction if it is your first such offense within five (5) years.
2. Can I get a limited permit while suspended for a first offense for 'No Insurance'?
3. I was driving someone else's car. Why was my license suspended?
In Georgia it does not matter who owns the vehicle. The driver is always responsible for providing proof of valid insurance.
4. What are the requirements for reinstatement?
Your license must be suspended for 60 days to be eligible.
- Show proof of insurance.
- Submit a payment by mail or in person, select for details of Reinstatement Fees and Payment Options.