Skip a Step! - Cloned
How Do I Get a Non-Commercial Class E or F?
License for Firefighters, Emergency Vehicles, Agricultural
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- A minimum of 3 months or 3,000 miles driving experience in a vehicle representing the driver's license class for which they are applying.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License.
Plan AheadSkip a Step! - Cloned
Get the required documents
- You must present documentation showing your identity, residential address, and US citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Your full Social Security Number must be provided on the required online License/ID/Permit Form. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- If a valid Georgia driver's license cannot be presented at the time of testing/issuance, the applicant must provide an item from the Replace Lost License/ID documents list in the replace in-person section.
- Submit an signed by a Public Agency Employer (or self-certify) attesting that driving requirements have been met.
At your visit
Conditions/Restrictions for Class E/F
- Must be controlled and/or operated by the farmer, relatives of the farmer, or employees of the farmer.
- Must be used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to or from a farm.
- Must be operated within 150 miles of the farm.
- Must not be operating as a common carrier (for-profit or trade/barter).
Firefighter/ Emergency Vehicles
- Must be equipped with lights and a siren.
- Must be a vehicle necessary for the preservation of lives or property or the execution of emergency governmental affairs.
- Must function as a fire truck, hook and ladder truck, foam or water transport truck, police special operations vehicle, or ambulance.
- Must be exempt from normal traffic regulations when operating as an authorized emergency vehicle.
- Must operate the appropriate class of vehicle when accompanied by a person who is licensed to drive that class of vehicle, who is fit and capable of exercising control of the vehicle, and who is occupying a seat beside the driver.
NOTE: Volunteer Firefighters may be able to obtain their class E or F license for free.
- Volunteer Firefighters may visit a Customer Service Center and bring the following:
- printed and completed on company letterhead or a letter from the Chief Executive Officer on company letterhead
- Proof of volunteer firefighters current certification
- Volunteer Firefighters will be issued an 8-year class E or F driver’s license.
- Must be operated by military personnel or civilians who are required to wear military uniforms
- Any resident not required to possess a commercial driver's license but operates a Class A or B motor vehicle for the purposes listed in conditions/restrictions must obtain a non-commercial Class E or F driver's license.
- There are no endorsements for non-commercial Class E or F driver's licenses.