License for anyone who operates a Class A or B commercial vehicle but for non-commercial use. 

  • Basic Requirements

    • Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
    • A minimum of 3 months or 3,000 miles driving experience in a vehicle representing the driver's license class for which they are applying.
    • Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License. 
  • Get the required documents

  • Plan Ahead

  • At your visit

    Be prepared to:

    • Show all your documents.
    • Pass a Vision Exam.
    • Pass applicable Non-Commercial Knowledge Exam
    • Take a photo.
    • Pay the license fee. See Fees and Terms for more information.
  • Examples of Conditions/Restrictions for Class E/F

    A Non-Commercial Class E & F is available for anyone who intends to operate a vehicle:

    • With GVWR over 26,001 lbs. and/or towing over 10,000 lbs for non-commercial use only

    There are no endorsements for non-commercial Class E or F driver's licenses.  


    • Agricultural Vehicles must:

      • Be controlled and/or operated by the farmer, or relatives or employees of the farmer. 
      • Be used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to or from a farm.
      • Be operated within 150 miles of the farm.
      • Be operating as a common carrier (for-profit or trade/barter).
    • Firefighter/ Emergency Vehicles must: 

      • Be equipped with lights and a siren.
      • Be a vehicle necessary for the preservation of lives or property or the execution of emergency governmental affairs.
      • Function as a:
        • Firetruck
        • Hook and ladder truck
        • Foam or water transport truck
        • Police special operations vehicle
        • Ambulance
      • Be exempt from normal traffic regulations when operating as an authorized emergency vehicle.
      • Operate the appropriate class of vehicle when accompanied by a person:
        • Who is licensed to drive that class of vehicle
        • Who is fit and capable of exercising control of the vehicle
        • Who occupies a seat beside the driver.
      • NOTE: Volunteer Firefighters may be able to obtain their class E or F license for free.
      •  Volunteer Firefighters may visit a Customer Service Center and bring the following:
        • Download this pdf file. DDS Form DS-517  printed and completed on company letterhead or a letter from the Chief Executive Officer on company letterhead
        • Proof of volunteer firefighters' current certification
      • Volunteer Firefighters will be issued an 8-year class E or F driver’s license.
    • Military Vehicles

      • Must be operated by military personnel or civilians who are required to wear uniforms.