License for anyone who operates a Class A or B commercial vehicle but for non-commercial use.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- A minimum of 3 months or 3,000 miles driving experience in a vehicle representing the driver's license class for which they are applying.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License.
Get the required documents
- Submit an . The form must be signed by a Public Agency Employer (or self-certify) attesting that driving requirements have been met.
Plan AheadSkip a Step! - Cloned
Examples of Conditions/Restrictions for Class E/F
A Non-Commercial Class E & F is available for anyone who intends to operate a vehicle:
- With GVWR over 26,001 lbs. and/or towing over 10,000 lbs for non-commercial use only
There are no endorsements for non-commercial Class E or F driver's licenses.
Agricultural Vehicles must:
- Be controlled and/or operated by the farmer, or relatives or employees of the farmer.
- Be used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to or from a farm.
- Be operated within 150 miles of the farm.
- Be operating as a common carrier (for-profit or trade/barter).
Firefighter/ Emergency Vehicles must:
- Be equipped with lights and a siren.
- Be a vehicle necessary for the preservation of lives or property or the execution of emergency governmental affairs.
- Function as a:
- Hook and ladder truck
- Foam or water transport truck
- Police special operations vehicle
- Be exempt from normal traffic regulations when operating as an authorized emergency vehicle.
- Operate the appropriate class of vehicle when accompanied by a person:
- Who is licensed to drive that class of vehicle
- Who is fit and capable of exercising control of the vehicle
- Who occupies a seat beside the driver.
- NOTE: Volunteer Firefighters may be able to obtain their class E or F license for free.
- Volunteer Firefighters may visit a Customer Service Center and bring the following:
- printed and completed on company letterhead or a letter from the Chief Executive Officer on company letterhead
- Proof of volunteer firefighters' current certification
- Volunteer Firefighters will be issued an 8-year class E or F driver’s license.
- Must be operated by military personnel or civilians who are required to wear uniforms.