DDS Employment FAQs
1. How do I apply for a position at DDS?
In order to apply for a job with DDS, all applicants will do the following:
- View the vacancy announcements on Team Georgia Careers and determine which jobs and/or locations you wish to be considered for employment.
- Determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for the job(s) in which you are interested in applying. The minimum qualifications are the first measure of qualification for a specific job and will determine whether your application will be further considered for that job.
- Click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the announcement prior to or by close of business on the deadline. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Ensure that you answer all questions and your application is completed thoroughly and accurately.
2. What if I have additional questions about a position?
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or by e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a notification.
3. Do I need to fill out a separate application for each position?
Yes, an application is required for each position.
4. How will I know if I've been selected for a position at DDS?
Applicants who interview and are selected to continue in the process will be contacted by a team member of the DDS Office of Human Resources on the next steps in the hiring process.
5. Where can I find a State of Georgia application form?
Team Georgia Careers does not require a paper application form. However, should a specific job require the completion of a paper application, the Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) maintains the form at the link below. Please note that the completed state application form and/or supplemental Work History form must be returned directly to the requesting agency. DOAS will not be able to process paper applications.
6. What is included in a background check?
DDS requests Background reports on all selected applicants prior to hiring. These reports include criminal history, driver’s history, and credit checks. It can also range from a verification of an applicant’s Social Security number to a detailed account of the potential employee’s history.
7. Does the State offer Veterans Preference?
Some veterans may be eligible to receive either 5 or 10 points added to their passing score on a pre-employment. Below are the types of veteran’s preference granted by the State of Georgia. In order to receive credit for Veteran’s Preference, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation to the appropriate Hiring Agency HR Department. Please note: Veteran’s Preference cannot be awarded until copies of the appropriate documentation have been received. Also, copies of documentation may not be returned.
See the following types w/points of preference that are currently granted:
Type(Points) Required Documents 1. VETERAN (5) DD214 showing dates of service and type of discharge 2. VETERAN'S SURVIVING SPOUSE (10) DD214 marriage and death certificates 3. DISABLED VETERAN (10) Certificate of service-connected disability of at least 10% from the V.A. dated within the last 6 months; DD214 4. DISABLED VETERAN'S SPOUSE (10) Disabled veteran's documents dated within 6 months; DD214; veteran must have 100% disability; marriage certificate