D.C. DUI Requirements
These are requirements for Washington D.C. residents. The DDS will accept DUI Alcohol/Drug Use Risk Reduction Course certificates of completion as follows:
Required Course Hours:
- At least 20 classroom hours.
- You may take various courses to accumulate the 20 hours.
- DDS will not accept non-certified course providers. Washington D.C. must certify the course provider.
- DDS will not accept online courses
- You must get a certificate of completion on an approved school/agency letterhead. Once you get it, you can submit it to DDS. The certificate must include the following:
- Name, address, and phone number of school/agency
- Type of program and completion date
- Total numbers of course hours completed
- Customer name and Date of Birth (Driver’s License number is helpful but not required)
- For a U.S. Military offered program. Certificates are ONLY accepted for active-duty U.S. Military personnel. DDS will not accept certificates for dependents, spouses, retirees, or Veterans.
- To locate a certified course provider, contact the Washington D.C. DMV. Otherwise, perform an online search for DUI, Risk Reduction, or Substance Abuse.