The State of Georgia will waive your motorcycle knowledge, and skills test if you have a 90-Day Motorcycle License Test Waiver. Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program (GMSP) offers professional rider education programs that include classroom instruction and on-cycle training. The test is conducted in a controlled, off-street environment. The Program even provides training motorcycles.
- Successful graduates of the Basic Course or Basic Rider Course 2 can earn the 90-day Motorcycle License Test Waiver. The DDS waives the written and riding portions of your Motorcycle License application for 90 days. The 90 days are from the completion date of your course.
Students under the age of 18 who complete the Basic Course must:
Be at least 17 years of age BEFORE the 90-day waiver period expires to get their driver's license
Must complete Joshua's Law Requirements.
- To successfully graduate, students must:
- Attend all sessions
- Be on time for all sessions
- Score 80% or better on a written evaluation
- Pass an on-cycle skills evaluation.
View the Motorcycle License page for additional information.