Lost or Stolen License or ID Card
Was your License, ID, or Permit - Lost or Stolen?
Your card can be replaced for $5.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your License and/or ID. If your license expires in less than 150 days you will be required to renew your license and pay the renewal fee.
Replace your GA License now by using:
Online Services or the DDS2GO Mobile App
If you choose to visit one of our Customer Service Centers, you must bring either:
• One (1) ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A.
NO COPIES OR FAXES.
• Two (2) documents from CATEGORY B.
Note: Your Document name must match your Driver's License Name and all Documents must appear in English.
CATEGORY A (1 document)
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card. (If expired, must be less than 10 years).
- US. Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate - Original or certified
- copy (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Note – An original or photocopy of a Georgia birth certificate or “Keepsake” birth certificate issued by Georgia hospitals that can be verified through the GA Dept. of Public Health’s Vital Records system may be acceptable.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Form FS-240, DS-1350 or FS 545.
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit or identification card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
- Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with a valid unexpired U.S. visa affixed. accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United State.
- Certificate of Naturalization Form N-550 or N-570.
- Certificate of Citizenship Form N-560 or N-561.
Category B (2 documents)
- Original or copy of Marriage License.
- Original or copy Social Security Card.
- Previous Year Income Tax Return or W2.
- Current Auto, Home, Life or Health Insurance Card or Policy.
- Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
- Voter Registration Card.
- Valid or expired Military Identification Card and/or Military Orders.
- Valid Georgia Gun Permit.
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card).
Note: DDS can change a Driver's License or ID Number under the following conditions only:
- Your current Driver's License Number is your Social Security Number.
- Your current Driver's License, Permit and/or ID has been stolen or you are a victim of identity theft. (A police report stating the License, Permit and/or ID was stolen is required.)