Lost or Stolen License or ID Card

Was your License, ID, or Permit - Lost or Stolen?

Your card can be replaced for $5.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your License and/or ID.  If your license expires in less than 150 days you will be required to renew your license and pay the renewal fee.

Click here to replace your Georgia license using our Online Services.

Click here if you are not a US citizen.

If you choose to visit one of our Customer Service Centers, you must bring either:



•  Two (2) documents from CATEGORY B.

Note: Your Document name must match your Driver's License Name and all Documents must appear in English.


CATEGORY A (1 document)

  • Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card.  (If expired, must be less than 10 years).
  • US. Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate - Original or certified
  • copy (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia).  Note – An original or photocopy of a Georgia birth certificate or “Keepsake” birth certificate issued by Georgia hospitals that can be verified through the GA Dept. of Public Health’s Vital Records system may be acceptable.
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad.  Form FS-240, DS-1350 or FS 545.
  • Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit or identification card
  • Expired Georgia interim
  • Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
  • Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD).  Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
  • Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with a valid unexpired U.S. visa affixed. accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United State.
  • Certificate of Naturalization Form N-550 or N-570.
  • Certificate of Citizenship Form N-560 or N-561.


Category B (2 documents)

  • Original or copy of Marriage License. 
  • Original or copy Social Security Card.
  • Previous Year Income Tax Return or W2.
  • Current Auto, Home, Life or Health Insurance Policy.
  • Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
  • Voter Registration Card.
  • Valid or expired Military Identification Card and/or Military Orders.
  • Valid Georgia Gun Permit.


Note:  DDS can change a Driver's License or ID Number under the following conditions only:
  • Your current Driver's License Number is your Social Security Number.


  • Your current Driver's License, Permit and/or ID has been stolen or you are a victim of identity theft.  (A police report stating the License, Permit and/or ID was stolen is required.)