Required documents for replacing a license
Category A - (1 document) - must be original or certified document.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card. (If expired, must be less than 10 years).
- US. Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate - Original or certified
- copy (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Note – An original or photocopy of a Georgia birth certificate or “Keepsake” birth certificate issued by Georgia hospitals that can be verified through the GA Dept. of Public Health’s Vital Records system may be acceptable.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Form FS-240, DS-1350 or FS 545.
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit or identification card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
- Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with a valid unexpired U.S. visa affixed. accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United State.
- Certificate of Naturalization Form N-550 or N-570.
- Certificate of Citizenship Form N-560 or N-561.
Category B - (2 documents) - must be original or certified document.
- Original or copy of Marriage License.
- Original or copy Social Security Card.
- Previous Year Income Tax Return or W2.
- Current Auto, Home, Life or Health Insurance Card or Policy.
- Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
- Voter Registration Card.
- Valid or expired Military Identification Card and/or Military Orders.
- Valid Georgia Gun Permit.
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card).