Required documents for replacing a license
Category A - (1 document) - must be original or certified document.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card. (If expired, must be less than 10 years.)
- US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate - Original or certified copy (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Note – An original or photocopy of a birth certificate or “Keepsake” birth certificate that can be verified through the GA Dept. of Public Health’s Vital Records system may be acceptable. Photocopy from any state may be accepted if currently enrolled.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545.
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
- Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United State.
- Certificate of Naturalization Form N-550 or N-570.
- Certificate of Citizenship Form N-560 or N-561.
Category B - (2 documents) - must be original or certified document.
- Original or copy of Marriage License.
- Original or copy Social Security Card.
- Previous Year Income Tax Return or W2.
- Current Auto, Home, Life, or Health Insurance Card or Policy.
- Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
- Voter Registration Card.
- Valid or expired Military Identification Card, Veterans Affairs Card, and/or Military Orders.
- Valid Georgia Gun Permit.
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card).