Hawaii DUI Requirements
These are requirements for Hawaii residents. The DDS will accept DUI Alcohol/Drug Use Risk Reduction Course certificates of completion as follows:
Required Course Hours
- There is no distinction between Level I and Level II.
- All Offenders must complete 14 hours of Prevention Research Institute (PRI) ONLY.
- DDS will not accept non-certified course providers. The state of Hawaii must certify the course provider.
- DDS will not accept online courses.
- You may take different courses to pile up the hours.
- You must get a certificate of completion on an approved school/agency letterhead. Once you get it, you can submit it to DDS. The certificate must include the following:
- Name, address, and phone number of school/agency.
- Type of program and completion date.
- Total number of course hours complete.
- Customer name and Date of Birth (Driver’s License number is helpful but not needed).
- For a U.S. Military offered program. Certificates are ONLY accepted for active-duty U.S. Military personnel. DDS will not accept certificates for dependents, spouses, retirees, or Veterans.
- To locate a certified course provider, contact the Hawaii DMV. Otherwise, perform an online search for DUI, Risk Reduction, or Substance Abuse.