Florida DUI Requirements
The DDS will accept DUI Alcohol/ Drug Use Risk Reduction Course certificates of completion from Florida residents as follows:
Required Course Hours:
First time DUI Offenders: Level I, 12 hours
More than once DUI Offenders: Level II, 21 hours
- DDS will not accept non-certified course providers. The state of Florida must certify the course provider.
- DDS will not accept online courses.
- You may take various courses to accumulate the hours.
- You must get a certificate of completion on an approved school/agency letterhead. Once you get it, you can submit it to DDS. The certificate must include the following:
- Name, address, and phone number of school/agency.
- Type of program and completion date.
- Total number of course hours complete.
- Customer name and Date of Birth (Driver’s License number is helpful but not required).
- For a U.S. Military offered program. Certificates are ONLY accepted for active-duty U.S. Military personnel. DDS will not accept certificates for dependents, spouses, retirees, or Veterans.
- To locate a certified course provider, contact the Florida DMV. Otherwise, perform an online search for DUI, Risk Reduction, or Substance Abuse.