Florida DUI Requirements
The DDS will accept DUI Alcohol/ Drug Use Risk Reduction Course certificates of completion from Florida residents as follows:
First time DUI Offenders: Level I, 12 hours
Multiple DUI Offenders: Level II, 21 hours
- Course Provider must be certified by the state of Florida.
- No online courses are accepted.
- Different courses may be taken to accumulate required number of hours.
- Certificate of completion on approved school/agency letterhead must be obtained and submitted to the DDS. The certificate must include the following:
- Name, address, and phone number of school/agency
- Type of program and completion date
- Total number of course hours completed
- Customer name and Date of Birth (Driver’s License number is helpful but not required)
- For U.S. Military offered programs, certificates will be accepted for active duty U.S. Military personnel ONLY. Certificates for dependents, spouses, retirees, or Veterans will not be accepted.
- To locate a certified course provider, contact the Florida DMV or reference the Yellow Pages or online search engine for DUI, Risk Reduction, or Substance Abuse.