IMPORTANT NEWS FOR CDL DRIVERS
All Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders licensed in Georgia, may submit their Medical Certifications online. However, CDL drivers wishing to make a change to their CDL Self Certification Status, must submit the CDL Self Certification Form in person at a DDS Customer Service Center.
Please note that Self Certification Forms only need to be submitted once. They must be re-submitted (in person) ONLY if there is a change in the Self Certification Status.
To start the process click on the button below:
Need Help: Click CDL Medical Certificate Information to get more information on medical certificate rules and how to self-certify.
You must keep your medical certification up-to-date unless you are eligible to certify into an excepted category.
The DDS encourages CDL drivers to keep a copy of their valid medical information with them at all times.
- If you have questions about the Self-Certification process, please view the FAQs.
- To read more about the new Medical Certification Federal Requirement visit: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/topics/medical/medical.htm
- To update your CDL self-certification category, please visit a DDS Customer Service Center near you.
- To view and update the medical document information currently on file with the DDS, go to Online Services and log into your online account; or create an online account if you do not have one.
Submitting your documents is easy.
How do I submit Self-Certification Documents?
Self-Certification Documents can only be submitted in-person at a DDS Customer Service Center. Please visit DDS Customer Service Center to find the center nearest you.
How do I submit CDL Medical Certificate and/or Medical Variance Documents?
- Submit Online. Visit our Online Services to Submit your CDL Medical Documents.
- Fax to: (770) 918-6271 (Individual Customers only)
- Mail to:
Department of Driver Services
P.O. Box 80447
Conyers, GA 30013
(Individual and multiple customer submissions)
4. Submit in person: At your nearest DDS Customer Service Center.
Visit Customer Service Center Locations to find the center nearest you.
For assistance, please call the DDS Customer Contact Center at (678) 413-8400.