Veteran ID Card
- Applicant must have honorable active duty service in U.S. Armed Forces, or 20 years of service in National Guard.
- Must have had residency in the state of Georgia either at the time of enlistment/induction into the service or residency at least 2 consecutive years preceding date of application.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Secure ID for more information.
- Furnish the original obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214). The DS516 must be presented upon initial request for services.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia Veteran's ID card.
- Applicants with a veteran driver's license or ID card are exempt from paying renewal, testing and application fees.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state.
Medical Info on Driver's License or Identification Card
Senate Bill 419 allows DDS to mark a driver’s license or identification card to show that the customer has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) if requested by a member of the military or a veteran.
DDS will be offering this functionality to all customers, and PTSD is not the only medical condition allowed.
View the License Medical/Disability Application Form for more information.