DDS is providing limited driver services by Appointment Only. All customers must schedule an appointment when visiting a center.
Veteran ID Card
- Applicant must have honorable active duty service in U.S. Armed Forces, or 20 years of service in National Guard.
- Must have had residency in the state of Georgia either at the time of enlistment/induction into the service or residency at least 2 consecutive years preceding date of application.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Furnish the original obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214). The DS516 must be presented upon initial request for services.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia Veteran's ID card.
- Applicants with a veteran driver's license or ID card are exempt from paying renewal, testing and application fees.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state.
Medical Info on Driver's License or Identification Card
Senate Bill 419 allows DDS to mark a driver’s license or identification card to show that the customer has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) if requested by a member of the military or a veteran.
DDS will be offering this functionality to all customers, and PTSD is not the only medical condition allowed.
View thefor more information.