Veteran ID Card
- Applicant must have honorable active duty service in the U.S. Armed Forces or 20 years of service in the National Guard.
- The veteran must be a resident of the State of Georgia at the time of application.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Furnish the original obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214). The DS516 must be presented upon initial request for services.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia Veteran's ID card.
- Applicants with a veteran driver's license or ID card are exempt from paying renewal, testing and application fees.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state.
Medical Info on Driver's License or Identification Card
Senate Bill 419 allows DDS to mark a driver’s license or identification card to show that the customer has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) if requested by a member of the military or a veteran.
DDS will be offering this functionality to all customers, and PTSD is not the only medical condition allowed.
View thefor more information.