Agents have the capability to schedule appointments by desired location at all of the state's Customer Service Centers. Georgia uses a reservation system to schedule all road tests. The reservation system provides a specific time for the road test.
Note: Road tests are subject to cancellation due to severe weather (heavy rain, freezing conditions, snow and etc). Please call our Contact Center to confirm the local Customer Service Center is open at (678)413-8400.
Contact Center Reservation Lines
(678) 413-8400 Select Option 5 and Option 1
The reservation system lines are open:
Monday - Friday
7:00am – 12:30pm
1:00pm – 5:15pm
Appointments can be made for any location in the state up to 120 days in advance. Customer Service Centers conduct testing during most business hours.
- Drivers under 18 years of age must pass the road test prior to obtaining a Class D license. Please have the teen's permit number available when calling to schedule the reservation.
- Road test reservations are recommended for those who already hold a motorcycle permit. You must hold a motorcycle permit to schedule a motorcycle reservation. Motorcycle road tests are not available at all Customer Service Centers. Motorcycle road tests are conducted on limited days and times at those Customer Service Centers who offer motorcycle road tests.
- Reminder: Those with a sealed Motorcycle Safety Certificate are exempt from the road test.
Commercial Road Tests
- Effective May 1, 2017, a $50 CDL Road Test Fee is required for each testing attempt.
- The Albany, Between, Brunswick, Cumming, Dalton, Gainesville, Jackson, Milledgeville and Thomson Customer Service Centers offer commercial road tests.
- All Commercial Road Tests are by appointment only. Applicants must bring both a valid driver's license and CDL permit in order to begin a road test.
- A $50 road test fee must be paid at the time the appointment is scheduled. Credit cards only are accepted for payment for telephone reservations. If you would like to use a different form of payment, you may visit any Customer Service Center to pay the $50 fee and schedule a reservation. You will receive a paper receipt which should be retained for further transactions.
- If you fail to show for your scheduled appointment or do not call to reschedule at least the business day before your appointment, the $50 fee is lost. A new $50 fee is required to schedule the next test appointment.
- Out of state Commercial Driver's License transfers are not eligible for appointments.