National Guard Driver's License
- Applicant must be a member of the Georgia National Guard or Reserve Forces in good standing and completed at least 1 year of satisfactory service.
- Pass Vision Exam.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Furnish the original obtained from the local National Guard Commanding Officer (this form is also due upon every renewal of a National Guard Driver's License)
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia veteran's driver's license.
- To obtain any other class license, the applicant must successfully complete examinations for the class of driver's license desired.
- A Veteran's driver's license can be obtained after 20 years of service with the National Guard. A certification obtained from the Adjutant General of the State of Georgia is also required when a National Guard applies for a Veteran's Driver's License.