Emergency Message - On April 1, 2020, DDS will be providing limited Commercial Driver Services by appointment only.
ID Cards for Persons with Disabilities
- Applicant with a permanent/temporary disability or urgent medical condition and would like to a disability symbol, medical information, and or seating/transportation indicators placed on driver's license or ID card.
- Eligibility for Placement of the Disability or medical information must be verified by a medical doctor on the unless the permanent disability is obvious.
- There is no age requirement. Any person old enough to sign their name, or make a mark indicating their legal signature can apply.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Furnish the original completed by the applicant and medical doctor, if applicable.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Customer has the discretion to select which medical conditions in section III of the (DDS-29) will appear on their driver's license or ID card.
- If seating and /or transportation indicators are placed on the driver's license or ID card the documents must also include the disability symbol on the front.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state or country.
- Medical and Vision Information.
- The Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) is responsible for issuing Disabled Persons Parking Placards (hang tags) within Georgia. You will need to complete a MV-9D application available on the Georgia Department of Revenue website. Please note: Disabled persons parking placards will not be available at Department of Driver Services Customer Service Centers.
- A special license plate is also available for the motor vehicle (including motorcycle) of a person with a permanent disability. The MV-9D is also required to obtain the Disabled Persons License Plate.