Emergency Message - On April 1, 2020, DDS will be providing limited Commercial Driver Services by appointment only.
Class C Driver's License
Issued to all drivers 18 years of age and older.
- All Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Must pass a Knowledge Exam.
- Must pass a Road Skills Test.
- Must be able to pass a Vision Exam.
- Must visit a DDS Customer Service Center and be prepared to take a photo.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Real ID Requirements for more information.
- Any out-of-state driver's license/permit/ID cards must be surrendered.
- If the applicant previously was issued a driver's license/permit/ID card in another state, and that card has been lost or stolen, the applicant must provide a certified copy of his or her driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
- All Applicants visiting a customer service center must fill out an application/form. Please SKIP A STEP and fill out form before you arrive. Once submitted valid for 30 days.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.